Wednesday started with black coffee for Graham and Nan at 5:30am, followed by an hour with NPR and then . . . KIDS! Sara took her time eating her Rice Crispys, but Mills was ready to go after two bowls of granola. Mills and Graham dropped Sara at school, took Nan to work and then came back to the house to play trains until Mills had to be at his school (9am).
I did some work on the computer for LMC and, poof, the morning was gone. So 1pm rolls around and time to get Mills. We went to the Safeway together to get some tiny marshmallows. Some of you know I invented this game years ago called Marshmallow Math. The kids sit on the sofa, I present them with a math problem and if they get it correct they open their mouth and I try to throw one in. Great fun and sometimes I throw it as hard as I can and they just laugh and laugh and laugh. Make math fun in my motto.
We fetched Nan at 5pm and then went to check out a Bed and Breakfast that is closer (than Santa Cruz proper) for Mimi & Papaws stay. Don't think the place will work, but they had a nice garden and so I took a picture of the rug rats for your viewing pleasure (assuming you like rug rats). Yes, Sara is in her pajamas, so what of it? =]

The big fun of the day was meeting some LMC alum for dinner at a new local BBQ joint. Some of you may know Meghan and Taylor and it was really great to catch up on their lives and to get some insider information on the area. Sara took this picture of us at dinner but somehow didn't get me in it. She said that I moved - will the truth ever be known??

Thanks for reading and feel free to come Santa Cruzin! with us when you can.
No comments:
Post a Comment