
So I would call today a success- Mills had a great birthday. After he went to bed last night Sara Rose and I decorated the dining room with streamers to surprise him. He woke up early in anticipation of a big sugary bowl of Fruit Loops (his big birthday request) and was excited for the day. His teacher celebrated at school and he made Sara Rose a present in celebration of the "day she became a big sister," which I (and she) thought was fabulous! He absolutely adores Sara Rose and didn't want her to miss out on the party. Per his request, I managed to slip out of work to pick he and Sara Rose up early so we could just open presents and play. He loved all of the birthday gifts, and we spent the afternoon/evening preoccupied with building Lego helicopters and jeeps and playing with the super cool (and super loud!) race car that Dad sent. Graham was not able to make it out in time for Mills' birthday. But Mills handled it like a trooper and was happy to have Graham enjoy dinner with us via Skype. We are hopeful that Graham will have the house woes wrapped up this week so that he can depart for CA asap. He is sorely missed by all. After catching up with both sets of grandparents we called it a night and the kids are tucked in bed- warm hearts and smiling faces. Here are a few pictures of the boy in action!




No comments:
Post a Comment